- Paneer (Freshly made or store bought) – 1 cup
- Turmeric – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – 1/2 tsp or to taste
- Cumin powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1/2 tsp
- Grated ginger – 1 tbsp
- Chopped cilantro – 1/2 cup
- Atta (Whole wheat flour) – 2 cups
- Ghee or melted butter for cooking
- Mix water, little at a time, to the flour and knead to make a firm dough. Set aside.
- If the paneer is store bought, then grate it first.
- Add salt, cumin powder, corriander powder, turmeric powder, grated ginger, chopped cilantro and salt. Mix really well with hand.
- Make small balls of dough and roll using rolling pin.
- Place a scoop of paneer mix in the middle of rolled flour. Bring all the edged together to seal the paneer mix.
- Roll it out again carefully.
- In a heated non-stick pan or tawa, place the rolled paratha. Put 1/2 tsp of melted butter or ghee on the top. Cook in medium heat for 30 seconds, flip it. Add 1/2 tsp of oil to the paratha again. Flip sides and cook in medium heat for about 2 minutes or until paratha turns brown on both sides. Paneer paratha is ready to be eaten.