Bara is a traditional Nepali snack that is full of protein and taste.
1. Kalo daal (Black gram lentils) – 2 cups (1 cup with skin and 1 cup without)
2. Salt – 1 teaspoon
3. Turmeric – 1/2 teaspoon
4. Hing (Asaefoetida) – 1/8 teaspoon
5. Oil (Mustard or Canola) – 1/2 cup
- Soak daal overnight
- Blend daal in a mixture until it is coarsely blended. Do not add extra water while blending. The water in the soaked daal is just enough to blend it.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the batter and mix well.
- Heat 1/2 tbsp oil in a pan in medium heat
- Pour 1 big spoon (or as per your pan size) of batter in the pan.
- Spread it with a spoon.
- After a minute or so (when the edges of bara look light brown), flip it and cook for another 1 minute.
- Serve hot with tea or with raita/chutney.