Tastier upgrade to traditional phapar (Buckwheat) and kodo (Millet) babar.
- Phapar (Buckwheat) – 1 cup
- Kodo (Millet) – 1 cup
- Tofu (crumbled) – 1 cup
- Besan (Chickpea flour) – 1/2 cup
- Spinach (chopped) – 1 cup
- Carrot (grated) – 1 cup
- Turmeric – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin Powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – 1 tbsp or as needed
- Oil (Sunflower/Canola) – 1/2 cup
- Chopped green chillies or red chilli flakes (optional) – 1 tsp
- Mix phapar, kodo, besan together.
- Add 2 cups water anbd stir/mix them well.
- Add the chopped/grated veggies to the flour mix.
- Mix well. Add more water if needed to make the batter good enough to make pancake.
- Add salt, turmeric and spices to the batter and mix well.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in tawa or non-stick pan.
- Once the oil gets heated, pour 1/2 cup batter in the pan. Spread it evenly with spoon.
- On medium heat, cook for about 1 minute. Check to see if the pancake has been cooked. It should be browned a little and not stick to the pan.
- Flip over the pancake and cook for additional minute in medium heat. Do not cover while cooking.
- Enjoy your babar (pancake) while it is still hot.
Note: You can add your own choice of veggies. Cilantro, cauliflower, green pean, etc., can be added.