Nepal in Globe
Besan ko laddu
Ingredients for Besan ko laddu:
- Laddu Besan* - 4 cups
- Powdered Sugar - 2 cups
- Melted Butter or Ghee - 1 cup
- Cashews - 1/2 cup
- Slivered almonds - 1/2 cup
- Cardamom (lightly crushed) - 1 teaspoon
- Cut cashews and almonds into pieces. Roast them in a pan with 3 tablespoon of butter until they start to brown.
- Add besan and cook it stirring over medium heat. Make sure the heat is medium so that the besan does not burn. Stir continuously for about 7 - 8 minutes until it turns golden brown.
- Add the remaining butter and cook for additional 1-2 minutes until the butter and besan are mixed completely.
- Turn off the heat and let it cool for 5 minutes. Add sugar and cardamom to it and mix really well
- Let the mixture stand for 5 - 10 minutes to further cool.
- When the besan mix is warm (not at room temperature), use your hands to make small round balls.
- Let the balls sit for 10 - 15 minutes so that they cool further and harden a bit.
- Besan ko laddu is ready to be served. They are soft at the beginning but they harden when they completely cool down.
Please send your recipes to email@example.com.
Search Nepali Moms